The City Government of Pasig respects your individual privacy and protects any personal information that you share with us. We commit to secure the individual’s right to privacy and ensure the trustworthiness of processing of individual’s personal information.
The City Government of Pasig strives to comply with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 that is designed to protect your privacy. We intend to adhere to the principles set forth in this Privacy Statement and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personal information. In other words, our goal is to provide protection for your privacy regardless of what types of device or application to access our Services. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, transferring, disclosure, and other usage of the Information described in this Privacy Statement and Terms of Service Agreement.
We may collect, store and transfer the following information:
- name and address
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information pertinent and relevant to an individual's request and/or
Purpose of Collected Data
You consent that your collected Personal Information may be used:
- To help improve our data and services and customize user experience;
- To participate in and facilitate transactions;
- To engage in data mining and build up activities;
- To deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- To perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- To communicate about relevant services, ads and/or advisories through whichever means are available to the City Government;
- To provide better customer experience to the City Government clients and improve, develop, identify and implement services;
- To follow safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes;
- To process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes; and
- To identify and prevent errors and inefficiencies due to misuse of the platform;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
Data Protection and Security - Possible risks and measure to address the same
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Information stored on a data server is accessible only to authorized personnel of the City Government of Pasig for primarily for Appointments System but may be shared with other departments and offices of the City Government of Pasig only for legitimate purposes in pursuit of their respective mandates.
To protect personal information the following measures have been set in place:
- Firewall Installation - utilities that enable the personal information
controller to monitor and filter network traffic and ensure that only
authorized users are allowed to access or transfer data.
- Periodic Data Erasure - deletion of personal information that has already
served its purpose or removal of data that is no longer needed.
- Encryption - alteration of data content based on an algorithm that can be
reversed with an encryption key. Unauthorized access to data remains
unreadable without the proper encryption key.
- Authentication and authorization - controls that allow verification of
credentials and assure that user privileges are applied correctly.
- Redundancy and Backup - technique for replicating data from a
database server to another server. Data is copied to protect against
loss, damage or destruction either accidentally or maliciously.
- Data loss prevention - a set of strategies and tools to avoid data from
being stolen, lost, or accidentally deleted.
- Disaster recovery - practices and technologies that determine how the
personal information controller or personal information processor deals
with cyber attacks, force majeure events or equipment failure.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our sub-processors who perform functions on our behalf;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. These contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement and data sharing agreement;
- We may share information as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to the City Government of Pasig;
- we may transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose at our sole discretion; and
- we may share your information with third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
The City Government of Pasig identifies the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal information will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by us. Unless you consent or we are required by law, we will only use the information for the purposes for which it was collected. If we will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, we will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the clients we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
Rights of Data Subjects
- Right to be informed whether his/her personal data is being processed or
was processed and entered into a processing system including its
purpose, basis, scope and method and to whom the personal information
is to disclosed.
- Right to object to the processing of his/her personal information unless
such is required to comply with a subpoena or legal obligation or in
relation to a contract or service which the data subject is a party.
- Right to reasonable access to his/her personal information upon demand.
- Right to dispute the error or inaccuracy in his/her personal data and to
have the records rectified upon request;
- Right to suspend, withdraw or the order the blocking, removal or
destruction of his/her personal data from the filing system of the personal
information controller. Such right may be exercised if and when any of
the following circumstances arise: a.) The personal data is incomplete,
false, outdated or unlawfully obtained, b.) The personal data is being used
for a purpose not authorized by the data subject, c.) The personal data is
no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, d.) The
data subject has withdrawn consents or objects to the processing of
personal information, e.) The personal data contains information
prejudicial to the data subject, f.) The processing is unlawful and g.) The
personal information controller or personal information processor violated
the rights of the data subject.
- Right to damages or to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to
inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or
unauthorized use of his/her personal data.
- Right to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of his
personal data in an electronic or structured format commonly used and
allows for further use by the data subject.
Exercise of any of the above rights, may be coursed through our support team or
via the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the City Government of Pasig. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the
request. You also have the right to complain about our collection and use of your personal data to our DPO with details as follows:
MS. ELVIRA R. FLORES, MNSA, CESE
Data Protection Officer and concurrent Human Resource Development Officer
Landline : 8643-1111 Local 1411
Office Address : 4th Floor, Human Resource Development Office, Pasig City Hall
Landline : 8643-1111 Local 1411
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was modified on April 18, 2022.
Individuals and entities who intend to register with Appointment System may express their agreement to this Privacy Statement and consent to the collection and processing of their personal information by ticking the checkbox on the lower left portion of the registration page. (Refer to screenshot below)
All other policies found unenforceable or invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, shall not in any manner affect the validity of the other provisions contained herein and shall remain in force and effect.